Heated seats not working HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamloops86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Discussion starter · #1 · 1d ago (Edited)

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and have heard good things! I'm having some problems with the heated seats in my 2012 dodge ram 3500 Laramie and I'm hoping for some input.

Problem: all 4 (front and rear) heated are barely putting out heat.
Back seats i can feel the slightest bit of heat and front none. I removed the driver side seat cover and with no cover i can feel a TINY bit of heat directly on the pad. But next to none.

Symptoms:
  • Heated seat lights comes on and stays on. They cycle from high to low and off as they should.
  • Heated steering wheel works.
  • A/C seats work.
  • Fuses are good. (haven't checked relay but I can hear clicking when turned on)
Recent changes before failure:
  • truck had been parked for a couple years. Batteries out and every few months I'd install them and run truck to get oil to valves.
  • This summer batteries died when left in truck and I boosted truck. I had a hard time boosting it and had to replace batteries. Once I got it running I noticed the headunit (730N RHR) was dead. I assumed it was fried but hated the thing anyways. I upgraded to a high end pioneer floating screen unit. I installed it all myself but used appropriate retention harnesses. It wasn't until this winter i noticed the heated seats aren't working!

I disconnected drivers side seat pad and checked for continuity and it tested good.
I check for resistance and it showed 28 ohms which seems high.

I was able to determine which connector came from control module to drivers side as i figured I'd use that seat for diagnostics. Easier with the seat cover removed.

it seems the control module is sending 2.5 volts on high and 1.5 volts on low. I'm guessing this isn't right but i am far from a electrical guy. I have swapped the control module for another used one and had the exact same results. Thus removing that as the culprit.

Any help diagnosing would be appreciated. I have a voltmeter but do not have ALPHA OBD.

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357