Question about adding a rearview camera.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solisimo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have my dash taken apart currently getting a Hydro Dip makeover. While its out I would like to add a back up camera to the factory nav/radio. Whats the best way to connect it and whats a good camera to go with?
Thanks in advance!!

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have my dash taken apart currently getting a Hydro Dip makeover. While its out I would like to add a back up camera to the factory nav/radio. Whats the best way to connect it and whats a good camera to go with?
Thanks in advance!!

You have to find out if your head unit has the capability of installing the factory backup camera (2010 - REN & RER; 2011/2012 - RBZ & RHR) or use the lockpick (I don't recommend) or the Navtv product to install an aftermarket camera.

Rear Parkview Camera Kit P/N 82211184
Factory Mopar parts

Navtv unit

I had purchased the lockpick chr550 and had issues with it sent it back and has been on back order for months now, so I'll be purchasing the Navtv unit in a few days. :waytogo: