Ra1 to ra2 camera rerout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ra1 to ra2 camera reroute

Have an ra1 with backup camera in the mirror and am swapping to ra2. I have to reroute the camera signal to the radio someone use to make a harness any one know where to find it it's just 3 wires. I could buy the mopar radio repair connector but it's super expensive. Or if some one knows where to source just the pins and not the whole connector that would work too

Last edited:

R4M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do you know what the wires look like and harness from the RA1?

I have a backup camera in the rearview mirror, and the dealer I bought the truck from, forgot to install the camera, when they changed my pickup bed to a utility bed.

having trouble locating the wiring, and what it looks like,

they are suppose to send me a kit,

would you mind posting a photo of what you wiring looks like from your ra1 system?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you can just put the pins into the factory connector. i did this on my old '13. unfortunately i dont remember what ones anymore as that was 4 years ago.

search around on here there are many descriptions that call it out. maybe in the diy section also

R4M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pins

you can just put the pins into the factory connector. i did this on my old '13. unfortunately i dont remember what ones anymore as that was 4 years ago.

search around on here there are many descriptions that call it out. maybe in the diy section also

what do you mean by pins?

do you have to de-pin a connector to repin a connector?

I was under the assumption everything was there I just had to plug it in.

there were two connectors in a pack in the glove box, not sure what they were for....

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To reroute the backup camera from the mirror to the radio , you need to reroute 3 ea wires from the connector behind the passenger's side air vent sockets 8 , 9 &10 to the radios C-1 connector @ sockets 31 , 32 & 33.

I'd suggest contacting M2Mods a vendor here and ask for a custom harness .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have an ra1 with backup camera in the mirror and am swapping to ra2. I have to reroute the camera signal to the radio someone use to make a harness any one know where to find it it's just 3 wires. I could buy the mopar radio repair connector but it's super expensive. Or if some one knows where to source just the pins and not the whole connector that would work too
Here's a link to M2Mods thread on harnesses they offer , to include the one you need sir .
I highly recommend using M2Mods due to the professional products they produce and the assistance and service after the sale if required . Just send M2Mods / MPGRIMM2 a PM .

Good luck Sir !

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=1458161

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And another link you may find helpful.

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=1332221

If you opt to keep your oem mirror with the video display you can have the backup camera displayed on both the mirror & the radio . This has been done by a few guys , but then you'd need to get some other option for a microphone for full Bluetooth capabilities of your new radio .

OP
OP
noclass

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know how to do it just not where to sorce just the pins I need with out buying an expensive mopar repair connector. I did end up ordering a harness from m2mods

OP
OP
noclass

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've already got a microphone mirror and wiring I need to install it

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year