Remote start shutting off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Does anyone know what the reasons are for remote start (the factory system) to shut off after shortly after the truck started? I know that it will shut off for low fuel, but mine does this probably about 20% of the time when low fuel is not the case. The EVIC only says that remote start was disabled and to start the engine to reset, but doesn't give any reason. I want to see if I can figure out what is going on, otherwise I'm probably going to let the dealer take a look and see what's going on.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How long is it running before it shuts off?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a loose gas cap shoot a CEL and it would shut off like it was low on gas until I reset the CEL.

OP
OP
jsteinm1

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
How long is it running before it shuts off?

It shuts off a few seconds after it starts. It shuts off about the same time after start like it does for low fuel.

I had a loose gas cap shoot a CEL and it would shut off like it was low on gas until I reset the CEL.

I do have a CEL on right now, maybe that is it although it doesn't shut off every time. I had a CEL come on a while back for a sensor (forget exactly what) so I'm guessing its the same, but I haven't taken the time yet to hook up my diablo and check.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep - it's the CEL. I'd be wondering more why it doesn't always shut off since that is what it is designed to do with either low fuel or a CEL.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
low fuel, check engine light, hit unlock too fast when it started are all reasons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007