replacement head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
saw this on another forum.

Amazon.com : Rupse Android 4.4.4 Car DVD Player GPS Navigation Stereo with 7 inch HD For 2014 Dodge Ram1500 RAM2500 : Car Electronics

anyone seen/heard/used this unit? I'd have to assume (hope) it keeps all the OEM EVIC related functions like trailer brakes, air suspension, HVAC, etc.
It absolutely does not support any factory functions. Not worth the money IMO. Do you have the RA1 or RA2 radio now?

Similar discussion going on here that is worth your time.

Options:
Alpine X009 and iData Maestro huge $$

If you have the RA1, the RA2 is plug & play, supports the factory backup camera kit, and has built in Bluetooth. But you still need to add the mirror mic/harness to make calls, and the phone/Vr buttons to the steering wheel if you want those.

You can also do the 8.4 conversion with an RA3/VP3-NA (no Nav or HD radio) or a Canadian RA4/VP4-CA (HD Radio, US Maps, no uConnect apps) for less $$ than the USA RA4/VP4-NA radio (Has Nav,Hd radio & apps, but uConnect won't let us connect for app access anyway)

Useful links for reference...
Installing OEM backup cam

DIY: 2013-2014 OEM Steering Wheel Audio Control Install

DIY: 2013+ RA3/RA4 8.4" Radio Conversion Upgrade

Mine came with the RA1 as well and I upgraded to the RA4, with tailgate cam, cargo cam, turn signal activated blind spot mirror cams and a front cam. The RA4 works just like factory with Bluetooth and all along with all the factory steering wheel buttons and 8.4 RA4 onscreen hvac controls.

But if you want aftermarket PNP look at the alpine X009-Ram.

Alpine

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Last edited:

bsmarble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
https://youtu.be/OWDw1LlQ3SA

I've been tempted to buy this, factory look, lots of features and good price. You go first and let me know how it is. Lol..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://youtu.be/OWDw1LlQ3SA

I've been tempted to buy this, factory look, lots of features and good price. You go first and let me know how it is. Lol..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I bought one. Haven't installed it since I haven't bought my new truck yet. It has great reviews and has a lot of great features!