Sirius XM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Wally

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am sorry to say I hate this platform.
Sirius XM sucks.
Terrible signal in northern Alberta. A stand of trees blocks the signal.
Ram must have got a deal on these.
I have a solution, take your old sirius Sportser, that you saved when you sold your old truck, attach the antenna plug it in, power it up and go.
No more, lost signal and the programming I want to listen to, no more Oprah, hello Howard. Nascar, an extra cost!
I love the truck, but there are a few things they did not think of.
I would pay to have the computer hacked and put Sirius on it.
Has anyone done this yet?
The other one is no in cab air filter? I did find a fix for that.
UConnect. Thats another story. They stuck it to us Canadians.
Sorry about the rant guys, Love the truck, hate the radio.
Thanks for listening.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I've never had a vehicle with SXM that tall buildings or trees wouldn't interrupt. The RAM is no different.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've never had a vehicle with SXM that tall buildings or trees wouldn't interrupt. The RAM is no different.
This.

We have similar results with all our satellite radios.
If things were perfect, life would be pretty boring. :)

We don't use the built-in radio for XM anyway.
The wife and I both have portable units that we can move between vehicles.

I have been using XM for years, my main complaint is that I pay for all those stations and really only listen to about 5.
It's the same complaint I have with cable or satellite TV.

dodgehemi0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
7 years ago I purchased 2 lifetime accounts for 350 each. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a love/hate relationship with Sirius XM. It's marginally better than FM and I despise technology so it beats trying to load some digital media storage device.

So you found the in-cab filter mod eh? Parts aren't as cheap up here but it fits like it came that way from the factory.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Sirius based service >>>> XM service.

And please don't waste the text to tell me they merged bla bla bla.
There are still 2 distinct services, you can tell based on your Unit ID.

I will be replacing my UConnect 3.Junk with something that has Sirius based service, which worked flawless for me.

Duke1942

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My SiriusXM in my 2012 F 150 worked great..also it had storage memory for 20 favorite song. My 3 day old Ram 1500 continually drops signal.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
My factory Sirius Works better than any of the aftermarket units I have had in the last 12 years of having both services. Actually I like Sirius better audio and channels.

NavyGuy2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
SirusXM is still satilite, try putting a tree or a building infront of your Directv or Dish Network dish and tell me how good a TV signal you get. Same concept, still needs line of sight. I will admit though, it seams like the satilite got a beter signal in the Charger I traded in then my truck does.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have no issues with my Sirius XM in the 430N. EXCEPT, the programming sucks.
So many choices of stations I can't stand. :signs16:

The MLB and NCAAF live games is the only reason I renewed when the new vehicle trial ended. :lazer:

metalfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM CrewCab ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'll take the free Sat. service with the new truck but when it runs it's course I won't be paying $250/y for it.
AUX cable to phone, all the music I could want and turn by turn GPS NAV via Google Maps :)

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Aux cable? I bluetooth my music. It's seamless and sounds great too. I think I'll keep SXM in the truck but dump it in my G8. I have it on my phone too so I can always stream from that If I need to.

They need to allow you to customize your stations. I don't speak Spanish so I don't need any of them and I can't stand polka other certain types of music so I don't need those.

I mainly use it for the news...

Chris

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll take the free Sat. service with the new truck but when it runs it's course I won't be paying $250/y for it.
AUX cable to phone, all the music I could want and turn by turn GPS NAV via Google Maps :)

You're getting ***** if you pay $250 a year. I got offered $40 for the year a couple weeks after mine expired

metalfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM CrewCab ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You're getting ***** if you pay $250 a year. I got offered $40 for the year a couple weeks after mine expired

Just going by what the Canadian site said, I haven't contacted Sirrus directly for deals. The $40 you mentioned is more realistic though.

N*E*R*D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just going by what the Canadian site said, I haven't contacted Sirrus directly for deals. The $40 you mentioned is more realistic though.

They'll try to cut a deal with you after it runs out. They always do

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There definitely seems to be a issue with the antennae they use on the Ram Sirius/XM.

The oem Sat radio on my wife's Lexus only gets interrupted when I'm in a tunnel or under a bridge etc...

My 2013 Ram cut in and out all over town before I yanked it out.

nick_meyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
7 years ago I purchased 2 lifetime accounts for 350 each. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Do you know if there is any chance they still offer this? Because Siruis has renewed my account at $30 for 6 months. Every time I try to call them they place me on hold (it lasts more than 15min), I lost the call, and they never call me back. Their customer service is terrible. Btw, how do you contact them, I still have this info saved in my favorites Sirius / Xm Radio Customer Service - (888)539-7474 | ShowMeLocal.com , but if there is any chance to contact another SXM call center, I would be happy to talk with more polite staff.

PS. I'm not a RAM owner, Google brought me here and I'll appreciate any feedback:)

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine

They called me just before mine expired, I got a couple free months then something like $5 a month or something like that. I listen to the Sirius a lot, especially the comedy channel and BPM so it was a hell of a deal for me