Phone and Radio issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbaspaulding

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all. I just bought a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn. The problem I am having is, my phone will only connect to use the phone but will not connect for music or anything else. Also when I program any presets in my radio or xm radio they will not keep after I turn the truck off. I have tried to forget the UConnect on my phone and delete and repair my phone on the screen with no success. If you have any advice that would be great. Thank you.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey all. I just bought a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn. The problem I am having is, my phone will only connect to use the phone but will not connect for music or anything else. Also when I program any presets in my radio or xm radio they will not keep after I turn the truck off. I have tried to forget the UConnect on my phone and delete and repair my phone on the screen with no success. If you have any advice that would be great. Thank you.
It's possible you will need to update the firmware to fix it. Start here:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Do you have memory seats? Memory 1 & 2 recall? I'm asking because I had an issue like this losing presets. I had to set everything up including presets then save it using the memory buttons on the seats. Believe it or not depending on what fob I use to unlock and what I have saved in the truck will recall the saved stations too.

zrock

Reaction score
before you upgrade anything check your fuses as you may just have a bad fuse that is killing the 12v constant feed to your radio that also keeps the memory alive to a point

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey everyone, I just want to update you on the firmware update. I downloaded it and installed it to the truck and all is fixed and working properly. Thank you all for your help. You guys were great.
Glad to hear it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517