Subwoofer not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eprovenzano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just picked up a used 15 Ram Laramie. I was going through all of the systems last night and noticed the subwoofer wasn't working. I haven't checked anything, as I'm not even sure where to begin...

Any suggestions.. could it be a fuse, or an option that needs to be turned on?? Any and all help appreciated.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the sub-woofer plugged in? Next steps would be to check to see if the enclosure is plugged in, and if its not take out the woofer to see if its plugged in, inside the box, and then test the woofer to make sure it is not blown.

OP
OP
E

eprovenzano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is the sub-woofer plugged in? Next steps would be to check to see if the enclosure is plugged in, and if its not take out the woofer to see if its plugged in, inside the box, and then test the woofer to make sure it is not blown.

Thanks adrian89, I'll look into it tonight. I picked up the truck last night, so I haven't had time to really dig into it yet.

OP
OP
E

eprovenzano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it's still under warranty - I would just take to the dealer.

I just returned from the dealer... They found the sub-woofer was unplugged.. someone definitely had the rear seat out as the wiring was being pinched, and was not routed correctly. They also found some water /dampness under the sub-woofer. I cannot tell where it came from as everything else is dry.

At least now the surround sound works, and while the bass provided by the sub is not over powering... it sure is better than nothing... :happy107:

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've seen in different threads how some of these trucks leak around the third brake light. May be the source of the water.