Swap manual climate controls for auto climate controls 2015 RAM 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We've done it and have it working. No plans at the moment for a stand alone kit, but will be compatible with the harness that comes with our 8.4 Swap kit.

Since you have no plans for a kit right now, any chance you could specify what is needed to make the conversion?

JOnb270

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone send me a link to order the white harness so I can put the upgraded climate Control in my ram?

HemHem14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can install the ATC bezel but it will not work unless you were able to add the ATC sales code and also install the interior temp sensor and wiring.[/Q.

Hey Rick new on here can you send a link to m2 mods or where i can get the harness. infortament wont just sell you the harness they hit you up with a $600 dollar kit with parts i already have

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone send me a link to order the white harness so I can put the upgraded climate Control in my ram?
You can purchase the conversion harness from M2Mods. They are members on the forum who started making harnesses for those wanting to do the conversion. They are listed in the vendor section. There is a complete writeup on the conversion that will tell you everything you need to do depending on weather or not your truck was equipped with a 4 speed or 7 speed fan.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I highly recommend M2MODS !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blackonblack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know who the harness vendor is these days? I have a 5.0 screen with 7 sp control and want to upgrade to 8.4 but need the hvac conversion harness.

Harvo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know who the harness vendor is these days? I have a 5.0 screen with 7 sp control and want to upgrade to 8.4 but need the hvac conversion harness.

Checkout Infotainment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
M2MODS a vendor here

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I will send you a PM with our contact info.

Feel free to take a look at our Forum vendor page linked below ...

M² Mods.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes sir I do, take a look at the link above provided by Mpgrimm2 ...

M2mods ( a vendor here ) is the absolute #1 best place to get your harness ....better quality and comparable in $$price ....+ You can PM THEM here .

I have their Long harness for the 7 speed ....looks FACTORY , and works great .

Good luck Sir !!

Stone Cold

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to get the wire harness for the conversion. I already have the bezel and the module and the 8.4 Radio. All I need is the harness the extended one. Could I get the info to contact someone who makes them?
Thanks, Stone Cold

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I would like to get the wire harness for the conversion. I already have the bezel and the module and the 8.4 Radio. All I need is the harness the extended one. Could I get the info to contact someone who makes them?
Thanks, Stone Cold

Pm @Mpgrimm2 he makes harnesses for this conversion.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

ARAMZ98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L V8
There are two 8.4 RA4 push button bezels. One is a dual zone auto unit the other us a manual unit. You can use either 8.4 bezel but the auto setting and passenger side hot and cold will not work on the auto bezel. You truck has a 7 speed fan so you would need the harness for the speed conversion which is the easiest one. You can buy this from the Harness Connection who is a vendor on the forum. You will also need the 911 over ride plug,heater control module and the 8.4 climate control bezel and of corse you RA3 or RA4 8.4 radio. All the information you need is in the D.Y.I section you can find all your part numbers there. You need to read this to fully understand the conversion. It is quite simple to fo once you understsnd it and will take about twenty minutes to do.This is a picture of mine with the non auto 8.4 bezel. Also a pic of the conversion harness heater control module and non auto 8.4 bezel.

View attachment 73209

View attachment 73210
There are two 8.4 RA4 push button bezels. One is a dual zone auto unit the other us a manual unit. You can use either 8.4 bezel but the auto setting and passenger side hot and cold will not work on the auto bezel. You truck has a 7 speed fan so you would need the harness for the speed conversion which is the easiest one. You can buy this from the Harness Connection who is a vendor on the forum. You will also need the 911 over ride plug,heater control module and the 8.4 climate control bezel and of corse you RA3 or RA4 8.4 radio. All the information you need is in the D.Y.I section you can find all your part numbers there. You need to read this to fully understand the conversion. It is quite simple to fo once you understsnd it and will take about twenty minutes to do.This is a picture of mine with the non auto 8.4 bezel. Also a pic of the conversion harness heater control module and non auto 8.4 bezel.

View attachment 73209

View attachment 73210

Dj81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need help I'm losing my mind . Trying do the 8.4 radio swap on a 13 tradesman .I swapped out the fan with the built in resistor changed the upper wire harness run the fan since it 3 prong i have the climate module some what wired an that's where I'm lost plus the harness for the controls them self I'm lost

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
You can install the ATC bezel but it will not work unless you were able to add the ATC sales code and also install the interior temp sensor and wiring.
This is an old post I know but can anyone tell me if the ATC control panel will still function of as a MTC panel when upgrading or will I get errors? and if I just do the MTC panel I know I need a wiring harness but which one? and do I need a new HVAC controller as well as the resistor or just the 7 speed resistor? Ive been reading all morning and just when I think I have it figured out I find more confusing options and info.

Last edited:

Elusive14htx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are two 8.4 RA4 push button bezels. One is a dual zone auto unit the other us a manual unit. You can use either 8.4 bezel but the auto setting and passenger side hot and cold will not work on the auto bezel.

1.Does just the auto button not work or are you able to control the fan speed by pressing the temp buttons?
2. Was this worth swapping or is this purely for cosmetics?