TMPS Frustration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keithb7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi folks. I am new here. First post. I have a 2009 RAM 1500. I am fed up with TPMS sensors and their related costs. Around here they are about $100 each. I have given up on replacing them and have been driving around with the TPMS light on for the past 1 and a half years or so. I could really care less about the system working. I find its a lot cheaper to check my tire pressures once a month than pay $100 for a sensor every time one needs to be replaced. I get a flat and the sensor gets damaged, it seems. I want to extinguish the warning lamp in the dash. I am just about ready to twist a drill bit through the light from the front to kill it. LOL. Has anyone had the cluster out? Is there a light in there I can remove? Or is it an LED and part of the circuit board? Can the light somehow be put out, without fixing the stupid TPM system?

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The sensors are about 15$ each, check eBay and Amazon. I just paid 45$ shipped for 4 of them for my winter rims. Not sure what your state inspection is like (or if you even have one) but here the computer would say not ready for the TPMS and you would fail inspection. If you don't have an inspection and are seriously considering just leaving them, just put a piece of electrical tape over the light, done.