trying to locate long harness for camera install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copernicus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy folks. I need some assistance. I screwed the pooch and assumed that the camera to radio harness on my 2016 Big Horn had the necessary wiring to facilitate the addition of a camera. Well, after installing the camera/new latch and having the dealer flash it, I found that my underbody harness only has 2 wires in it.

Can anyone help me get my hands on one of the long harnesses to go from the bed/tailgate to the pdc/radio?

I asked the useless dealer and they told me I have to buy the whole kit. I'm trying to avoid angering the boss/wife by spending more than I need to

Help me Obi-Wans.........

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
im not sure that you can buy the harness by itself. you might have to buy the whole kit. it probably works out cheaper anyway. have you verified that your tail gate harness has all the wiring necessary as well?

FYI, theres a backup camera thread that has the individual part numbers for the backup camera kit if you want to try and find the body harness.

OP
OP
C

Copernicus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im not sure that you can buy the harness by itself. you might have to buy the whole kit. it probably works out cheaper anyway. have you verified that your tail gate harness has all the wiring necessary as well?

FYI, theres a backup camera thread that has the individual part numbers for the backup camera kit if you want to try and find the body harness.

Everything's good until it goes thru the bed. I was hoping someone bought the whole kit and found that there's was prewired and didn't need the long harness. It's a long shot but worth it

OP
OP
C

Copernicus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm considering building one.....

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
See post 10 of Cptwing's OEM Backup Camera thread for links to 4 connectors you need to check in your truck for existing wiring and to identify which connector version you have by the brake pedal. Once you know what you are missing and willing​ to do the install, we can make the 2 missing sections of the factory harness for you (but there is currently a wait list for other orders/items).

Post 10 link:
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=974372

From your comments, this is likely what you are missing...
47bd27caefb8552f448e135421342766.jpg

Mpgrimm2
M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Copernicus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See post 10 of Cptwing's OEM Backup Camera thread for links to 4 connectors you need to check in your truck for existing wiring and to identify which connector version you have by the brake pedal. Once you know what you are missing and willing​ to do the install, we can make the 2 missing sections of the factory harness for you (but there is currently a wait list for other orders/items).

Post 10 link:
Installing OEM backup cam - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

From your comments, this is likely what you are missing...
47bd27caefb8552f448e135421342766.jpg

Mpgrimm2
M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

That would be amazing.....I'll do the digging and let you know.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy folks. I need some assistance. I screwed the pooch and assumed that the camera to radio harness on my 2016 Big Horn had the necessary wiring to facilitate the addition of a camera. Well, after installing the camera/new latch and having the dealer flash it, I found that my underbody harness only has 2 wires in it.

Can anyone help me get my hands on one of the long harnesses to go from the bed/tailgate to the pdc/radio?

I asked the useless dealer and they told me I have to buy the whole kit. I'm trying to avoid angering the boss/wife by spending more than I need to

Help me Obi-Wans.........

Hi Copernicus, we happen to have a OEM Ram backup camera kit that is missing the pieces that you already have purchased if you would like to save some money off purchasing the whole kit from a dealer. Feel free to shoot us a PM on here for pricing.