Uconnect apps...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeckoSpine36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We just got a 14 Ram 1500 and we're in North Pole, AK. The truck originally came from Edmonton, AB Canada. Since it came from Canada, they apparently don't get the u connect apps option. Does anyone know if there is a work around for this now that the truck is in the US??

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We just got a 14 Ram 1500 and we're in North Pole, AK. The truck originally came from Edmonton, AB Canada. Since it came from Canada, they apparently don't get the u connect apps option. Does anyone know if there is a work around for this now that the truck is in the US??

From reading, it seems you have to replace your 8.4 system with a US spec'ed one, as the Canadian versions don't connect to the Sprint network that is required. I could be wrong, this is just from what I have been reading. Also, once you switch, you may not be able to use the uConnect service, because it may be tied to the VIN.

So, I'm not sure I understand it, but from my reading, it seems like even if you change it, you wont be able to use the apps as you wont be able to pay for the uconnect service (the only way to use the apps).

***But again, I could be wrong with some or all if what I wrote, this is how I understand it from my reading.

OP
OP
G

GeckoSpine36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang I hope that's not the case, but it could be worse. Everything works fine, was just looking forward to starting it from a phone, and all the other goodies that come with it. I think we're gonna try to take it to our local dealer this week and see if they know anything..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang I hope that's not the case, but it could be worse. Everything works fine, was just looking forward to starting it from a phone, and all the other goodies that come with it. I think we're gonna try to take it to our local dealer this week and see if they know anything..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was thinking that I read somewhere that the uconnect apps weren't available in Alaska..... you might look on the uconnect website to double check.

Check out this link: http://www.ramforum.com/f51/no_uconnect_alaska-105802/

Last edited: