audio swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67charger04ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok so my truck has an infinity sound system that is old and doesnt sound to great. ive always swapped out my head unit and speakers in every vehicle ive owned except for two. that being said im back at it again wanting to swap out this one, but im nervous to start digging into it simply because i know dodge started running the security system through the radio and i cant remember for the life of me when they started doing it. my trucks an 04 1500 quad cab so is this something i have to worry about or am i good to go? my cousin had a 03 same style truck and i know he didnt have to worry about it so i should be good right?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just make sure you get a wiring harness for the infinity system and you'll be fine

OP
OP

67charger04ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just make sure you get a wiring harness for the infinity system and you'll be fine

ok thanks man i appreciate it lol i was kinda worried about it, ive changed a bunch of different radios out but never had encountered the whole security system embedded radio situation lol i assume i can find one at like best buy or on amazon or something like that right?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok thanks man i appreciate it lol i was kinda worried about it, ive changed a bunch of different radios out but never had encountered the whole security system embedded radio situation lol i assume i can find one at like best buy or on amazon or something like that right?

Yeah, yours is before the can bus crap showed up so you shouldn't have that to worry about at least.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol what do you mean can bus crap? but ok sick thanks again

The data control interface that started controlling things like the radio in 06 and up. It's a huge pain in the ass.