In dash Nav Upgrade questions/recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm seriously thinking of taking my RB1 out of my 2005 Dodge Ram and putting in a Kenwood Nav HU. My concerns are this. Now I have the RB1 with the Mopar uconnect and it works and sounds great to me and whoever I am calling. I am worried on how the Bluetooth will sound with the new radio and how easy it will link to my phone. I just don't want to go backwards with this. Things I must have in a new HU are Nav, bluetooth, and as crazy as this sounds, a volume ***. If anyone has any imput or recommendations that would be great. Thanks in advance for the help.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would install a new one. I can't stand the factory radios, even the nav ones lol. Aftermarket bluetooth on a kenwood or pioneer unit will work great. I love my pioneer, the bluetooth works fine and the radio itself is about 5 years old. Kenwood navigation is nice but the interface on them is very slow and laggy. Pioneers are very quick and responsive but the navigation isn't quite as nice. Personally I've always gone with pioneer double dins.

stev0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 2007
Engine
4.7, 4.7 flex fuel
If you are an android fan you might want to take a look into the 'OUKU' units.

With an average $300 price tag they have bluetooth, nav, touchscreen, input for backup camera, & the have a huge online following on the android sites. They're easily rooted & can run the torque app, wifi usb dongles, & any android gps apps like iGo & tomtom.

Oh, and they have a volume knob! This is the xda developers thread that sold me on getting one for my truck when I have the money.
OUKU - Unbranded 6.2" 2 DIN Android Car… - Pg. 191 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Queency

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I saw operation videos on youtube about Bluetooth function before...but, I didn't hear the sound. Anyway, the connection is easy. You can check out there, too.