HID kit flicker/blinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Hemi-Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, I have a 06 Ram hemi and recently bought a hid kit of ebay (35w 8000k) so I installed it and turned of the lights with key off and everything was nice and bright. I then go out for a drive and turn lights on with key on and all it does is blink one at a time or both at the same time randomly. So I searched online and purchased a error code eliminator off ddmtuning.com and didn't fix it same problem as before. Is there anything I can do to fix this without hacking up my stock wiring harness? Please help I've been going crazy!!!!

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
We've got a vendor on this site called retroshop... get ahold of JJ, he'll fix you up. He's our HID Guru.

OP
OP

06Hemi-Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, I I sent him an email at [email protected] I'm not sure if that would be the right way to contact him hopefully it is and he can help... Thanks

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
IIRC its a resistor that needs to be put inline to keep the TIPM from freaking out, but I'm a HID newbie (still haven't bought mine yet), and I've just done some reading on them. He's the hands on technical expert.

Last edited:

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, I have a 06 Ram hemi and recently bought a hid kit of ebay (35w 8000k) so I installed it and turned of the lights with key off and everything was nice and bright. I then go out for a drive and turn lights on with key on and all it does is blink one at a time or both at the same time randomly. So I searched online and purchased a error code eliminator off ddmtuning.com and didn't fix it same problem as before. Is there anything I can do to fix this without hacking up my stock wiring harness? Please help I've been going crazy!!!!

Do you have a relay? Capacitor linkage?
I'm not sure how much it differs from a 4th gen but you got the correct email for Jeremy. Heck, send him a PM. You may get a quicker response :)

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Changed the email addy above. Thats my personal one, would rather not have it out for the spambots to get it lol

On the harness, start with one that works. Don't try to hack this one up, etc

Are you running a bixenon kit?

OP
OP

06Hemi-Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty much new to the hid kit setup, I have ballist that the red and black go to the factory connector and then a black and red coming from that connector to the hid bulb and then a black and red from the bulb back to the ballist connecting to a blue and white wire that comes from the ballist.??? And the error eliminator I got on the side from ddm goes between the first black and red wire from the ballist to the stock connector... So I don't think I have any resistor or anything??

OP
OP

06Hemi-Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not really sure how to tell if the bixenon or not my bulb is a H13 that does hi/lo beam in one... N sry bout the email

OP
OP

06Hemi-Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay so I will have to purchase 2 of those or will both come with a single purchase? And this will 100% fix my problem and all will be good?

OP
OP

06Hemi-Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well actually jj the connector isn't right on the bulb the connector has 2 black and 2 red wires going into it? Is it still bixenon?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Okay so I will have to purchase 2 of those or will both come with a single purchase? And this will 100% fix my problem and all will be good?

just 1.

Nothing is 100%.........we are dealing with electrical stuff, and 2 different brand items. But, this harness is proven to work on the Rams.

Well actually jj the connector isn't right on the bulb the connector has 2 black and 2 red wires going into it? Is it still bixenon?

post up a pic. :D

OP
OP

06Hemi-Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here hope these help

Attachments

• Oshawa-20120922-00111.jpg
    Oshawa-20120922-00111.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Oshawa-20120922-00112.jpg
    Oshawa-20120922-00112.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 92

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
those are NOT bixenon.

Pop an email over to my supplier (Todd) with a pic of those bulbs. He'll get you the right harness, I don't see a non bixenon one on his site for this. ([email protected])

pmason_cummins03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
06Hemi-Power,
If you could help me out at all with the problem you had or what you did to solve the problem, that would be greatly appriciated.

Ram2500Laanai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
HID flicker

I have a 2013 Ram 2500 Hemi I bought a HID kit from a audio import store almost a year ago and installed myself. After about a month I experienced flickering and lights going off completely. after about a month of that my drivers side light completely went out. Tried to replace back to factory bulb and no power at the headlamp. I talked to someone from a different shop and long story short I ended up ordering replacment balasts and having to wire in a relay and seperate switch pulling power from the passenger side to power relay for driver side. passenger started flickering last month, over 6 months after drivers side, changed out the balast and its been working so far. But my truck light switch only controls interior lights, corner, and passenger side light and driver head light still has to be turned on by seperate switch. Ive searched internet sites and dodge site for parts and i cant find any fuse, relay, computer, that would control the head lights. I would really like to fix this back even if i need to put everything back to factory! Anyone help please

P.S. oh and i am on a little island with no dodge dealer or shop so to take the truck in I would need to pay at least $1400 round trip to ship to oahu where there is a dealer

BoggsBro_NASF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
JJ, I've been looking into upgrading my lights, and was wondering in your opinion what the better options is between a full HALO/LED projector headlight & a HID conversion kit? If I choose to go with a HALO/LED project headlight that fully replaces the original headlight housing etc. will I see any of the same issues that the HID conversion kits are known for, or will I possibly encounter more issues? Thanks for the help.