high beams not working spec d headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grizzly8903

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys new to the forum and I'm having a little issue. I installed the specd headlights with the Halo and led strip it is a quad setup and I can't get the high beams to work it just has the lamp out light on in the dash. The low beams work just fine any help would be appreciated.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Make sure that the wires going into the headlight are properly connected first. Next check to be sure the bulbs are not blown. On the subject of bulbs be damn sure that you do not use one that is more than 60 watts, or you will get the bulb out signal and the computer will not allow the light to even come on. The low beam is 55 watts and again if it goes over that the computer will be a pain in the tail end. When you hooked up the halos, did you hook them up to the headlight circuit?? If so you should disconnect them from there and connect them to the parking lights. Or just run some new wires and put a switch on them. Wiring up those headlights is a pain in the tail and I will not install another set myself.

OP
OP
G

grizzly8903

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I hooked the halos and led into the headlight circuit I'll go hook them up to the parking lights. And I already swapped the bulbs around so I know they are good

OP
OP
G

grizzly8903

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the help mega I got everything working once I swapped the Halo and led to the parking lights. (I may or may not have hooked it up to the blinker on one side and had to re tap the wires all over again but it did look cool to have the halos and leds blink with the turn signal) here is the final product.20140702_203807_zpsqmflyfwg.jpg

OP
OP
G

grizzly8903

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for the crappy photo my phone sucks at lowish light photos