No CD Player after battery reconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put some new seat foam in the driver's seat of my 07 1500 Ram Quad (SLT with the 6-way power seat) and, like I was supposed to do, I removed the negative battery cable before removing the seat from the truck... However, after my re-install I attached the battery and now the CD player will not work or even be recognized by the head unit.

The radio is the 6-CD changer with MP-3 and satellite radio...but when I hit the "mode" button (which typically shifts between the CD player and Satellite) the radio does not even show that there is a CD player. Occasionally I hear the CD player attempting to cycle the CDs but that is all.... The CDs will not eject or play....nothing. I have had the battery disconnected before but no problem....any ideas?

bluewingjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same thing happen with my 06.. After reconnecting the battery no CD .... Its ok though as I am putting in dual DIN touch screen with Nav and a backup camera. But it would be nice to know why this happens