2010 radio works cd doesn’t

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Buckeye Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Laramie
Engine
Someone please please help me my 2010 dodge ram Laramie the radio works fine but the CD player does not when I put a CD in it just shows reading. It does not play and just kick it back out when I go to menu with the cd reading I can’t even get audio controls, what is going on I’m old school and love my CD player

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would not be surprised, is there was not a CD already in your radio, not in the normal place, but jammed in place

Look at the bottom right corner, by the AUX plug in
there are 3 letters. the 3 letters will start with an R

Your radio, being as it is a RAM, is called a
HIGH SPEED MYGIG radio
ALL Rams & 2 models of JEEP have the High Speed designation

all other Chrysler product would have the LOW SPEED designation, in years 2009 , 2010, 2011, 2012

You may discover what is going on by watching this

he using a plastic card as a tool
In auto parts stores & hardware stores, including Harbor Freight
You will find Plastic Trim Tools, or a plastic screw driver

Good Luck

Last edited:
OP
OP

2010 Buckeye Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Laramie
Engine
No it takes a cd, but just shows reading. I did change it out with another ( exactly same ) radio I received from Ebay it’s just the problem is when the CD goes in it just shows reading it and when you go to the menu you can pull up audio section so something is not seen the CD and the CD player I didn’t know that you had to do an upload or some kind of download for the CD player to work I will get the letters that are on the bottom of the radio and list them

OP
OP

2010 Buckeye Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Laramie
Engine
Everyone thank you keep the answers coming. I want to figure this out.

akrausz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Belt needs replacing is my guess.

medicineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this happen and couldn't resolve it. I bought a NEW radio / CD player and installed it, which worked fine. I sent the removed one to a certified repair shop and had it repaired and now sits in a box waiting for the newer one to crap out, then I will do the exchange and repair again. I too am old school and love my CDs.

Good Luck,
Medicinemaan