Not sure what to do...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colin_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 03 1500, it has the stock head unit in it and I think I'd like to keep it that way. I'm going to try to sell the truck soon so I think keeping the stock unit in it would be nice because it's original and I don't want a cheap aftermarket one. BUT I've been using a casset adapter which has a sux cord at the end. I have the premium factory audio so it sounds nice, but my casset player stopped working all the sudden. I've tried a tape deck cleaner and even bought a couple different adapters but nothing works! I tried looking it up online but couldn't find anything other than to try to clean it or wiggle the casset around. I've tried both those things but nothing works. It's done this before but I just used the tape deck cleaner, it's not working this time. When I put it in, it reverses and than does that like 3 times, than it ejects Itself. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you plan on selling it, a cheap aftermarket CD player will be more appeasing, then a cassette player. Just buy a $70 stereo and change it out.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Colin_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you plan on selling it, a cheap aftermarket CD player will be more appeasing, then a cassette player. Just buy a $70 stereo and change it out.

It has a CD player already, I just thought it'd be worth more with the original deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly. Now a days, I would be happier buying a truck that had BT or at least an Aux input. Most people could care less about a cheap dodge factory radio.

It's just one way to solve your problem.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having that factory cassette player in the truck isn't gonna add any value at all. An aftermarket one really will be more desirable to potential buyers

Last edited: