Subwoofer Box Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
alright so i got rockford fosgate p3's they have massive magnets that reach a mounting depth of a little over 6 inches. as you 3rd gens know, the storage under the back seats are not perfect squares, one side is at an angle...the bottom of the magnets hit the angled side and dont allow the sub to sit in all the way..im wondering if any of you guys have had this problem and what you did to overcome them. is shallow the way to go or is there something i can do with the box to still fit under the seats? i dont wanna go shallow because then my 2000 watt amp would be going to waste....i need some pointers

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I think you can score the fabric under the seat to allow some extra space.

OP
OP
Bluesmoke91

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that would still leave my sub sticking out of the box though cuz the magnet hits the slanted wall of the box..if only the cavity under the seat were a perfect square id be able to fix the damn box to fit the subs

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
how much more room do you need? if your making a box you could use big hammer make alittle room or you could put spacers under seat to raise it up some and just make the box alittle taller i have the p3s in my truck but took back seat out they are pretty deep but sound amazing

OP
OP
Bluesmoke91

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how much more room do you need? if your making a box you could use big hammer make alittle room or you could put spacers under seat to raise it up some and just make the box alittle taller i have the p3s in my truck but took back seat out they are pretty deep but sound amazing

so your running with normal p3s right? (not the shallow ones) and a regular box right? (not the ones that fit under the seats)

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah i got 4 12" regular p3s, but i didnt mind taking out the seat it doesnt get used anyways, but if you want to keep the seat and those subs you may need to hammer sum room or rais the seat most have to raise seat anyways cuz subs hit the bottom of seat,

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
oh and i have had shollows under my seat they where the alpine type r, didnt really like sound of the shallow, do you have a box already or are you going to mold a fiberglass one

OP
OP
Bluesmoke91

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yea i have a box already...i have the one piece set up for two subs under the seats...my problem isnt the subs hitting the seats (easy fix by raising the seats as you said) my problem is the subs dont fit into the box itself because the mounting depth of the subs.. the bottom of the magnet hits the sloped wall of the box cuz of the shape of the cavity under the seat...im trying to find a way around that...but you say the shallow subs sound just as good as normal subs? cuz if thats the case i may just swap my subs for shallow ones

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
swap them out for the shallows they wont hit as low as the regular they will be close to the regular p2 some on here build there own box for the room and more air space to get more boom under ther seat, i like the vision bluring, earbleeding, neighbor ******* bass hence taking my seat out

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Or just raise the seat. Notw did that with his and he custom made his box.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk