Will a 2006 300c nav radio fit my 2006 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zoomin0074

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can get a 06 300c nav radio fairly cheap and wanted to put it in my 06 ram.. Anyone know if it will be an easy swap or will I have to rig it to make it work?

Nesto1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Unless you have a stock nav system on your truck, I doubt that you can just swap it out. You most likely will need to mess around with it to make it work. I'm not certain on this though so I'll let someone else chime in on this.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Which head unit do you have now and which head unit do you plan to use? It sounds like the one you found is the REC/NAV unit from a Chrysler, correct?

If so, I did this last year by removing my single CD 1.5 DIN head unit and putting in a 6 CD double DIN NAV unit. Here's what it took:

1. Head unit
2. Dodge Ram 3rd generation NAV center bezel.
3. An aftermarket NAV antenna.

That was it. It is pretty much plug and play. Pics below.

2007-06.jpg

32.jpg

29.jpg

53.jpg

22.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

zoomin0074

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maddog thanx for the info I have the exact same stuff and I hope it will work just as easy for me :)

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hardest part is getting the center bezel freed up. Feel under the lower lip for two screws and start with those!

OP
OP
Z

zoomin0074

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am unable to find a navigation bezel at a reasonable price.. Anyone modify the stock bezel with the radio knob cutouts with factory double din nav radio?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've seen that done. They cut out the shape of the DD head unit, fill in the knob half circles on either side, sand, prime then paint.

What would be a reasonable price? And what color would you like to use that matches your dash?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
One other option is Mike (weedahoe) on eBay. Stand up guy, does good work. He can mod yours, may just take yours as a core or ship you one.

nysully

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L diesel
REC is absolutley plug annd play. You will need the GPS antenna and the Sirrius antenna if you want XM/S radio.

However, if you do not have Uconnect already installed that is a sperate kit that is quite pricey.

Double Din bezels can be had on ebay for 80 - 100 bucks in silver or Laramie wood grain.

If the truck is an ST fleet truck, make sure you have the full harness. Some fleet models did not have the same harness. A regular ST SLT and Laramie share the same harness.

Good luck,

Sully

OP
OP
Z

zoomin0074

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have an SLT with the full console and woodgrain colored trim parts. Really not a big fan of the woodgrain and could live without it but the cheapest navigation bezel I have found is around $200.00 with shipping.. Weedahoe pricing is about the same as any ebay listing I have found. I think I may be able to use my stock bezel if I could find a writeup somewhere and just modify it.

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I currently have an SLT with the full console and woodgrain colored trim parts. Really not a big fan of the woodgrain and could live without it but the cheapest navigation bezel I have found is around $200.00 with shipping.. Weedahoe pricing is about the same as any ebay listing I have found. I think I may be able to use my stock bezel if I could find a writeup somewhere and just modify it.

I would just cut your current bezel to fit the bav.Weedahoe seems like a pretty good guy. If you run into any problems, I'm sure he would be willing to help.