Aero Mode Criteria Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivarderi Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello Everyone,

Newbie Dodge Ram (and truck) owner here. I purchased a 2015 1500 with the air-suspension. I am enjoying the truck very much and have been taking it to work more than I imagined (80 mile round trip minimum) so I have ~2500 miles on the truck.

I have noticed that the Aero Mode does not always show as being achieved in the EVIC. I pasted the criteria for Aero Mode from the manual below. I rarely see Aero Mode engaged on my ride to or from work (@70MPH). I have made this drive in cruise control and even waited on engaging cruise control to see if that made any difference. However, when I am nearing my destination and am forced to slow I will see NRH toggle and then correctly go back into Aero in areas where my speed meets the criteria.

The vehicle will automatically enter Aero Mode when the vehicle:
  • speed remains between 62 mph and 66 mph for greater than 20 seconds
or
  • the vehicle speed exceeds 66 mph.
I have come up short trying to find anyone with this kind of issue so my questions to those of you here are:

1. Has anyone experienced this?
  2. If yes, is this just graphical on the EVIC, is there other unwritten criteria to be engaged or is there a suspension problem?
  3. What was your resolution? (Settings, repair, etc.)

Thanks everyone,
Brian