fuse panel locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonnyques

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking for the location of the reverse bulb fuses. I hooked up some led flood lights for reversing. I hooked them into the wire harness feeding the left tail light. I found voltage on the white with brown tracer when in reverse. Floods came on for a few seconds and then out. Reverse bulb in the left tail light now dos not work. Right bulb works fine. I'm assuming there is a separate fuse for left and right sides. I didn't think the draw would be enough to blow a fuse. Is there another location to grab reverse voltage? I had thought about the trailer harness, but didn't know if revers was in there. My next idea is to just power a relay of the revers harness at the tail light. I have a constant 12v wire pulled to the rear that I can use for the main current to the floods. For now I just want to get the tail light working again.
Thanks

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Run them off a relay, the CanBus system is most likely detecting the increased voltage draw of the LEDs and and shutting down the circuit as it reads as a circuit fault.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I was hoping I had a schematic saved for the tail lights, but I don't.
Wouldn't the owners manual list the fuses and what they go to?

Not sure if this will help you now, but I threw together a schematic of what charonblk07 is talking about for wiring Aux Lights using a relay and the wiring at the 7 pin trailer connector.

Note: Since pin A is already fed by a fused relay, you may be able to pull the power for the extra lights right off of it without a relay unless they are really high current lights.

See below/attached ...

Here is a link to a good Micro Relay Setup from CycleConnection.com (they also have convenient fuse holders/setups):
Motorcycle Relay Base Holder
Motorcycle Relays, Panasonic, Mitsuba

Attachments

• Aux Rev Light & Relay wiring Mod.jpg
    Aux Rev Light & Relay wiring Mod.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 2013 Ram I570A (Trailer_Tow).pdf
    88.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2014 Ram BCM C5e Connector Pinout small.pdf
    44.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Latest posts