Need help with auxiliary panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake wallbillich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently have a 2019 ram 1500 classic tradesman and I just bought a rough country front bumper with a light bar and a few other lights the panel I currently have in the truck has no where to wire an auxiliary switch into. And I would like to run the light switches into that panel. It currently looks like the photo i attached. The question is do I need a whole new panel with new auxiliary switches and if I do can I move the location of the heated seats and steering wheel so that if I need a new panel I will still have the heated seat and steering wheel buttons. Any recommendations would help.

Attachments

• IMG_6969.jpeg
    IMG_6969.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 15

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can swap out, you'll have to do some reprogramming I think, search the forum for aux switch panel. The much easier way would be an added switch panel. I run an Auxbeam, Spod makes a nice one, AEV makes one for above the radio, you have other options than redoing the factory switch panel.

EDIT: Here's where I put my switch panel
PXL_20230409_232242438.jpg

Last edited:

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
To change that button panel out to having Aux buttons on bottom row you'll have to add a different panel, a wiring harness and do some Alpha OBD changes as well to get that to work. There used to be a site that had that mod kit to add on Aux buttons with harness, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone else have that? Maybe it's no longer, not sure

As far as relocating the other buttons to where you top row blanks are (if I'm understanding you Q correctly) I don't think that is possible. Other threads I've seen doing the add on aux buttons would use the on screen controls having the Uconnect already. Maybe others will chime in with additional ideas that I'm unaware of.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There is a complete post, in fact the whole thread is about how to disassemble the auxiliary power panel & reassemble it with different buttons.

I think the last time i saw it, the member was having an issue with some kind of sticky liquid that was making the buttons hard to function

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As "danielmid" mentioned, it is much easier to add an auxiliary switch panel. The Ram switch panel is nice, but you will also need the relay box as well, and more work to install. Do a search, and you will find additional information on this subject. I have a Spod system, not cheap, but works well.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your projects.

Attachments

• Ram switches 002.JPG
    Ram switches 002.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 23

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
As "danielmid" mentioned, it is much easier to add an auxiliary switch panel. The Ram switch panel is nice, but you will also need the relay box as well, and more work to install. Do a search, and you will find additional information on this subject. I have a Spod system, not cheap, but works well.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your projects.
Hey @Badger 13 , For your clock you have there. The mount for it, is that 3D printed? If so, something you could share/point to where you got the mount?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, the mount is not 3D printed. It is actually a piece of thick flat leather that I cut to size. The clock itself has a center mounting screw, so I just put a hole in the leather to mount the clock on, and than "friction" fitted the leather into that little opening.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat