Help! Truck will not start every 2 or three days. Details Inside.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpanzone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, Im at a loss when it comes to trying to figure this truck out so im hoping someone here has a little insight on what could be going on. It started about a month ago when my truck wouldnt start and sounded like it had a dead battery or the starter had went out. I tried to jump it with no luck and replaced the starter but it still would not start. I eventually tried to just run a wire from the signal wire on the starter and hit it stright to the battery while a friend was in the truck turning the key over. It started and then worked for about a week when it did the same thing. Now it seems every 2 or 3 days the truck wont start unless i jump the starter and then it works as normal for a couple days. I have tried to do some research on this problem and am at a complete loss. Does anyone know what in the world would cause the truck to do this. Its a 2009 CC Sport with the 5.7 also.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
How old is the battery?

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
?? Bad battery or battery cable ??

OP
OP
C

cpanzone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Battery is great still and i just replaced both terminals and cleaned everything up. The battery is only about a year old.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Battery is great still and i just replaced both terminals and cleaned everything up. The battery is only about a year old.

Could still have a bad cell. While uncommon not unheard of. You could have a load test done to be sure.