How do I turn off horn sound when I press "Lock" button?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pandalerium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,

I'm a first timer to this site so please forgive if I don't get the protocol correct :)
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi that i just got a remote starter put in. It is set up to where I have to press the lock button on my key remote 3 times to start the truck. I was wondering if there was any way to be able to unlock the truck with my key remote without the horn going off?

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have the EVIC between your tach and speedo you can mess with a bunch of settings there, if you don't then you have to have the dealer disable it.

OP
OP
P

Pandalerium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you very much. I might have to buy one of those EVIC units now, lol. But for now i will just have the dealership do it :)

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't simply buy an EVIC bud, it's a very involved swap of dash clusters and steering wheels then hoping the dealer can get it to work. I've looked into it then gave up hope.

OP
OP
P

Pandalerium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks, oh well. Guess I will take it to the dealer. Thanks for the help! If anyone else has any other ideas (i.e., brake pedal/key turn combos) please weigh in!

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Download the owners manual. This is the one that doesn't come with your truck. There are instructions in there to disable the horn when locking the truck and how to do it without having the EVIC. It's a multistep process but didn't look too complicated.

jcs64

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 4wd
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just did this on my '12 and it is in the owners manual booklet.
something like hold down the remotes lock button for at least 4 sec( but not more than 10) then while still holding that down press the panic button and release them both together.

jeff

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If all else fails.

134-69-160.jpg

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go to google and search "disable horn lock 2009 ram". I just searched and found what you're looking for but I can't post links to other forums here. You'll find your answer.

sent via Tapatalk

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
from the owners manual

1. Press the LOCK button on a programmed RKE transmitter for at least four seconds, but no longer than ten seconds. Then, press the PANIC button while still holding the LOCK button.

2. Release both buttons at the same time.

3. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by pressing the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter with the ignition switch in the OFF position and the key removed.

4. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to its previous setting.

NOTE: Pressing the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter while you are in the vehicle will activate the Vehicle Security Alarm System. Opening a door with the Vehicle Security Alarm System activated will cause the alarm to sound. Press the UNLOCK button to deactivate the Vehicle Security Alarm System.