Inner Cv Axle Seal Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

streetdreams911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Went to replace the Inner passenger side cv axle seal but cant get the plate holding it in place off. Took off the two bolts and I tried with a flat screw driver and hammer but im just bending the plate. Any tricks? or just keep chippin away at it?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The plate is part of the seal, just keep going at it with a hammer and screwdriver or flat sharp punch.

OP
OP
S

streetdreams911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't get that plate when I bough the seal. Should I have? Or do I reuse that one? It seems like it stuck there with sealant or something..

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm a dealer tech so I have only seen OE front axle seals and the metal plate with the bolt holes has always been attached to the seal. The seals from the factory have some sealant around the outside of them. You could try reusing the plate.

OP
OP
S

streetdreams911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I checked the link and that's the seal I have but even the link doesn't show the plate. I highly doubt i'd be able to reuse the plate. Maybe ill see if I could buy the plate separately. I'm assuming the plate is what holds the seal in place?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ya the plate helps to hold the seal in. Honestly I don't know about getting the plate separate. If possible you might just be better off getting the deal from the dealer.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Glad to help. Good luck!