05 5.7L a/c wire issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Louis_Jacobson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi I tried searching and keep getting run around. So my issue is the wires coming out of the a/c compressor seem to have a short in it. I had it zip tied to where it would work last summer now this year it will just bump on for a second. But if I drive it and turn the a/c on I hear it click hiss then I get a ding and my ABS light and brake light come on and no a/c I get codes for oil pressure unit and pedal sensor and a have a catalysts code that all pop up. After the truck sit and no a/c running no lights on but the check engine. I'm wondering if I can just change the wires for the a/c pump they freak out at the the plastic block where the 3 wires meet just out side the pump/compressor or do I need to change out the compressor completely and all the wires

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Louis_Jacobson

Louis_Jacobson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im pretty sure it's the black plugs that are giving me issues, I guess can I get rid of the plug and put wire to wire with out issue
8c31d4289580344778fc7dd84cb945f5.jpg
cf3885ade70c5c4e8372ec7f4c8ef1a6.jpg

You can see the plug on bottom I got the wires bent over and zip ties so they make the connection I'm fairly confident the short is from those two wires coming from the compressor and the plug on the AC line goining in to the plug. Clear as mud?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could probably get a harness pig tail for that connection and re do the harness. Not a hard job at all. The dealer can look up the harness. Probably no more that 15-20 bucks and about 25 minutes to solder up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk