Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hmontiel2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello. I'm a new owner of a 2015 Ram 1500. I just recently did some work on it. (installing car play) and it required me to disconnect the battery. As I go to reconnect everything back. The security light on the dash flickers and does so every time I lock the truck via remote, and the dash is seemed to be lit on for a while. Any clues on how to alleviate the issue?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If the dash back light goes out, it's fine as I think my '15 does similar after I upgraded to a UAQ radio.
As for the security light, are you referring to the red LED that's on the speedometer just above the needle?
That will flash to indicate the vehicle security system is "armed".

OP
OP
H

hmontiel2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If the dash back light goes out, it's fine as I think my '15 does similar after I upgraded to a UAQ radio.
As for the security light, are you referring to the red LED that's on the speedometer just above the needle?
That will flash to indicate the vehicle security system is "armed".
Yes it's that light. I haven't seen that before. Unless I haven't noticed it until now.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Yes it's that light. I haven't seen that before. Unless I haven't noticed it until now.
If I remember correctly that light will start flashing even if you hit the lock button on the door, it takes longer for it to start flashing. I believe the BigHorn/Outdoorsman/SLT and above trims came with the security system enabled from the factory.
Unless you add a shock sensor that works with the factory security system, it will only set off the horn if you open a door.

Megatronix UPS Add-On Shock Sensor To Factory OEM Car Alarm Security Systems https://a.co/d/9mQSCJ1