2005 Ram stalling issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Ram2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey guys new to the forum and I have a question maybe someone out there knows an answer to. I bought a used 2005 ram 1500 quad cab 4.7L 2 months ago. It ran smooth and never stalled till last night. I was in bumper to bumper traffic as I came up to a red light. When it turned green I began to accelerate and it stalled in the middle of the intersection without any warning or hessitation. I turned the ignition off put in park then started it again with no problem drove the last mile home like nothing happened. Any body have this happen before?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any codes in the computer? Check engine light on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No red warning light ?

billybutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys new to the forum and I have a question maybe someone out there knows an answer to. I bought a used 2005 ram 1500 quad cab 4.7L 2 months ago. It ran smooth and never stalled till last night. I was in bumper to bumper traffic as I came up to a red light. When it turned green I began to accelerate and it stalled in the middle of the intersection without any warning or hessitation. I turned the ignition off put in park then started it again with no problem drove the last mile home like nothing happened. Any body have this happen before?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I had this on my 04 ram 1500. It was always doing it even when driving I've had to drop into neutral with no power steering. What I found my fault was it was faulty wiring loom at the back of the steering wheel with moving the Column up and down over the years. Had that replaced and never done it since over two years ago. No fault codes just dead turn into neutral and it come back on it was dangerous especially in France I was pulling a big rig rolling down the road. Good luck