esp/bas and symbol with car and squiggly lines on all the time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elwoodbdr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hey all, newbie here, have a 2007 ram 1500 larmaie edition, all of sudden last night the 3 lights listed came on, esp/bas and the traction control symbol, I first tried taking negative of the battery, put back on, started up, lights still on, drove less then a mile and went off, parked it, restarted no lights, however after going about 500 feet lights all on again!!! after reading what seemed like a hundred different possibilities, has anyone here ever had this issue? if so what corrected it, i cant be the only person that has had this happened. Thanks! oh in case, its a 2 wheel drive

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A quick Google search gave out a slew of videos and how-to guides on troubleshooting ABS issues...

Google.com : Troubleshooting ABS Issues

That being said are you getting any OBDII codes?
I would start by checking in the ICM to see if the fuse/relay system are not just corroded and or malfunctioning, also look for loose connection to the ABS pump controller, it is located under the hood on the driver side close tot he Master Cylinder.

Is the truck braking normally?
Have you done or had done some brake/wheel work recently?

You could have a wheel sensor that is corroded and going out of its socket? I have seen in some cases that just cleaning the speed sensors and putting them back into there appropriate place resolves a lot of issues related to the ABS sensor.

Look at some of the How-to stuff from the Goolge search above and work logically your way through what the cause could be based on what you know from your truck.

Hope this helps.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I've had two similar problems. One was a Diablo tuner corrupted my ABS sync. Since your problem comes and goes I'd lean toward a failing sensor. And the other was a faulty front hub sensor. May need to use a scanner on it unless a hub is throwing grease or it's obviously bad.