1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L V8 Transmission temperature sensor bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaydenGooding

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Liter V8 - 318
Hey guys. So I found out why my truck is bogging at 1500 rpms. Its throwing a code. The code is for the trans temp. It says its over heating so it puts the engine in low power. The sensor for trans temp is supposed to be plugged into one of the trans lines. But the previous owner had the trans lines replaced with lines that dont have a port for the sensor. The wire is just hanging there because there is no spot to be plugged in and talk to the cpu. So my question is, what can I do? I'd like to just bypass the sensor and place a resistor on it so the CPU thinks the trans is fine. And yes I realize this is a risk because it could someday overheat and blow but I got the truck for free so I dont really care. But if I was the bypass how would I do it? Any help on this would be great. Anyone ever done this or had the same issue?