A518 in 1995 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cm12101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The transmission went out on my 95 RAM pickup. It is a short bed single cab 1500 2wd with 5.2 46RH. I was trying to go the cheaper route to replace the bad transmission and couldn't find a used one anywhere. On FBmarketplace I found what was listed as a 95 ram van that had the engine torn down and they had just rebuilt the transmission. I spoke to the shop that built the transmission and went ahead and bought the whole van so I could use the trans.. BUT turns out when I got the van towed home it was a 92. I picked it up in the dark and I feel bad for not catching on right away. The guy that listed it gave me some money back It didnt make financial sense to take back, so I am stuck with it.
My question is will the a518 work in my 95 that takes the 46rh without changing the whole wiring harness? What exactly do I need to do to complete the swap? I have the whole parts van. I am in California so there can't be a check engine light over it. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank