Bad luck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Well, today around 8:00pm I was driving down a gravel road to WalMart for a new head light, when the passenger side wheel bearing went out. by the time I got it to the shoulder and stopped, it had trashed the caliper, bent the axle shaft, and broke the tie rod. Needless to say, I am alright, more pissed than anything, I broke my flash light throwing it in the truck...waited 3 hours for a buddy to bring the JCB down and lifted the front off the ground and pulled it to his house. Going in the morning to inspect the rest of the damage. Debating on possibly putting a new (used) axle under the truck, using whats good off of this one and scraping the rest. how do I tell what my gear ratio is? is it stamped somewhere? I'll probably put a 44 front on it rather than the big 60.

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
Check under your hood by your grille for a white sticker. it may be hard to read, but if its there you should be able to tell what kind of gearing, your rears, etc are on the truck from the factory. as long as your gears are factory, this will work.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i also believe if you open the houseing there should be something that says what the gear ratio is. but with opening it you lose all the fluid, if both dont work take off the houseing and count the gears. lol

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Thanks. if I had a few hundred extra laying around, this would be perfect timing to put in a suspension lift since Ill have everything tore apart lol

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
one thing bud, i know you like to mud, just expect this stuff to happen. mud does some crazy things to cars. i used to, but now i just take my rig out there and park it and let others fukk up there stuff.

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Yeah, I was waiting for this to happen, just pissed that it had to happen where it happened I've got my other truck, now because of the built motor gas mileage will go from 8-10, to 4-6 lol.