Keyfob question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

esiegel91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 v8
OK so a few days ago I dropped my keys out of my truck and what do you know. The keyfob is now not working. Tried to replace battery and look for anything crazy inside they could have broke. No defects noted. I ordered a new one on eBay but I'm wondering if I can still get the old to program to the truck and for new remote.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Should be able to reprogram it. Is this a factory keyfob or aftermarket system? Factory just go to a dealer. Aftermarket you'll need to find the system part number, Google it, and find the process

OP
OP
esiegel91

esiegel91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 v8
Should be able to reprogram it. Is this a factory keyfob or aftermarket system? Factory just go to a dealer. Aftermarket you'll need to find the system part number, Google it, and find the process

Well the one I have currently is the factory fob, but the one I just bought is aftermarket, if I can get the oem one reprogrammed that would make me able to do the aftermarket one myself. I was trying to avoid the stealership though

Joji91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like the only way.