My 01 RCSB build thread: Project Beastmode.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deepfried

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Specimen: 2001 Ram 1500 5.2, RCSB, 2wd, 46re, 3.55 gears.

uploadfromtaptalk1405313061472.jpg

The long term goal is a fast as hell versatile rig that performs on pavement but can handle gravel/dirt roads when necessary.

I'm looking for 300hp+ on my build. 375 to 400would be ideal but ill settle.

Planned mods...

PATC Mega viper tranny.
Flowtech Red Hot glass pack with gutted cat. (happening Thursday)
Long Tube headers
Short Ram intake (cause let's face it, most advertised cai's are just short ram.)
Throttle body mod
Mopar M1 intake (will take care of the plenum)
SCT tuner
Edelbrock heads
Camshaft
Roller rockers
Performance fuel system (pump, rail, injectors, fpr)
4.56 gears LSD
Double roller timing belt

Not necessarily in that order...

Any input or suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
So a sleeper build I like it.

Sct tuner is your first stop, this will get rid for the death flash and what might be called tq management or something like that.

The Patc tranny is a great mod you have in the plans already, have they offered any suggestions on tq stall speed? This will partly depend on your cam choice and comp ratio.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'd toss an e-fan into that list for the marginal hp and mpg gains but also because it takes stress off the water pump and makes the A/C colder.

OP
OP
Deepfried

Deepfried

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Sct tuner is your first stop, this will get rid for the death flash and what might be called tq management or something like that.

The Patc tranny is a great mod you have in the plans already, have they offered any suggestions on tq stall speed? This will partly depend on your cam choice and comp ratio.

To be honest, I'm not that versed in how the cam and compression ratio effect the stall speed and it'll take a couple months to drop the cash for the tranny.

The only reason I can even do this modding is because 3 of my friends are damn good mechanics and will work for beer and any stock parts I replace. :D

Last edited:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
To be honest, I'm not that versed in how the cam and compression ratio effect the stall speed and it'll take a couple months to drop the cash for the tranny.

The only reason I can even do this modding is because 3 of my friends are damn good mechanics and will work for beer and any stock parts I replace. :D

Very brief way of describing tq stall, the raunchier the motor the looser or higher stall is needed.

OP
OP
Deepfried

Deepfried

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

So would you say that my build has 300+hp potential based on my mod list?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Well if you go by your list and once I see the cam specs I would say give or take approx 375-425hp at the flywheel. This is if you go with the eddy heads.

OP
OP
Deepfried

Deepfried

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well if you go by your list and once I see the cam specs I would say give or take approx 375-425hp at the flywheel. This is if you go with the eddy heads.

Yeah the heads are my big ticket next to the tranny.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Note: Going the eddy heads does limite piston choice like the KB107 will not work with them. If you have any plans to change pistons in the future look now and make sure they work with the Eddy's.