So figured I gotta share this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
Well since I found a crack in my transfer case I've been searching everywhere for one. Atleast with in a 4 hour drive of Kansas City, Mo. Well found a guy parting out a 98 ram with a 6 inch lift on 37's in Wichita, Ks and gave him a shout. Well me and my buddy drove out there and the 3 hour and 15 min. drive took us about 2.5 hours each way :D. Anyways we get out there and I told the dude 100 bucks and we'll pull it he said deal. I'm like sweet since any salvage yard wants 500-700 bucks and Luke (Wermbang) found one for 350 outside Springfield, Mo. Well we get it out and the tranny had leaked fluid all over the transfer case and I said, " ya know it looks like this things leaking will ya take 75 and he said fine" Hahaha I'm a great negotiator. He tells me to look around to see if there's anything else I want. I asked him why he's parting it out and he said he got a DUI and no one would pay the asking price he wanted for it. So I asked him what he wanted for the Husky Molded Floormats. He said 50 bucks. Uhhhh, I'll give ya the 25 you gave me off the transfer case, he said deal. Hahaha I made out like a bandit! Wish I woulda brought a trailer cause I woulda loved to take his front bumper and bed they were both in perfect condition! Oh and on the way home we're on the Kansas Turnpike in my moms honda civic and doing about 85. I see a white ball coming at us out of the corner of my eye and booom smacks the front end of the car. WTF was that. We get out and look and there's no damage to the front end and just a bunch of feathers on the hood and in the grill. We assume it was a chicken hawk or a owl or something. Honda-1, Bird-0 lol
But i got the floor mats cleaned up and installed today at work and cleaned up the transfer case as well to install in the morning. Super stoked and will keep yall updated. Here's a few pics...

Transfer case after clean up, just a little elbow grease and ALOT of brake clean.
039.jpg

And the floor mats installed.
041.jpg

042.jpg

OP
OP
iSlacker816

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
Yep and surprisingly the transfer case is super light. Good thing since we didn't have a tranny jack or any jack for that matter. Just took the bolts out and both of us yanked her from the transmission.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
great find man.. Great negotiating skills on top of that.. Haha

OP
OP
iSlacker816

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
A little white lies never hurt lol and plus him and his buddies were drinkin beer since before we got there so I figured if we stuck around a little longer and let them get drunker we'd get the whole truck for 20 bucks lol

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
Go back and get the lift and tires for 200 bucks next week....he'll need beer money!
Hell just wait and bring a couple case's of beer and maybe a cheap 5th and you could prob take the whole damn truck LOL

OP
OP
iSlacker816

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
Go back and get the lift and tires for 200 bucks next week....he'll need beer money!
Hell just wait and bring a couple case's of beer and maybe a cheap 5th and you could prob take the whole damn truck LOL

Hahahaha that's the plan, looking at it the tires were worn out but it had some decent wheels that could use a good coat of platidip. the lift was a 3 inch suspension and 3 inch body. Not a fan of body lifts and I don't want to do the work for a 3 inch suspension lift when I want a 5 inch. I did save his number and want to go back and get the bed front bumper and wheels. I'll give it a few months and see what he says.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
good deal. i never find good deals.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Price line negotiator!!!(sing it)
Lol

OP
OP
iSlacker816

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
Price line negotiator!!!(sing it)
Lol

LMAO! I literally laughed out loud on that one. And I rarely find good deals but luckly these ol boys had a bud light in their hands were hella cool. Let me get some great deals