Finally figured to disable the slam with the door open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Backup camera is nice.
I'm sure I p*^s off alot of people in parking lots when their vehicle is 2 feet over the line and i put that hitch ball an inch from their bumper.i back in on purpose when I see that crap.our trucks are big enuff for these short spaces nowadays as it is...dam I just had a rant...lol
Cameras arent worth a hoot though when the tailgate is down and bed has a load of lumber in it backing up to the garage though(im always doing something with wood)...im old school and rarely look at the camera tho.
I won't say the tennis ball thing it's been mentioned.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Backup camera is nice.
I'm sure I p*^s off alot of people in parking lots when their vehicle is 2 feet over the line and i put that hitch ball an inch from their bumper.i back in on purpose when I see that crap.our trucks are big enuff for these short spaces nowadays as it is...dam I just had a rant...lol
Cameras arent worth a hoot though when the tailgate is down and bed has a load of lumber in it backing up to the garage though(im always doing something with wood)...im old school and rarely look at the camera tho.
Does Tim, the Tool Man, Taylor know about your playing with wood? ;)

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I hope not..lol

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Backup camera is nice.
in the summer i try, but in the winter, with a plow hanging off the front, i dont even try to hide it, im using two parking spots, period

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very understandable for that kind of scenerio....
I wouldn't object to that
I'm talking more like the rude people who just don't care about others from their actions.
Like the guy that will park in the center of 4 spots so no one can be near them.
Theres a few vids on utubes of jeep guys pulling right up on these people,giant tires and all...and video the outcome when that person returns from afar...jeeps still fit in the spots.
But nonetheless I hear ya and i get it.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
in the summer i try, but in the winter, with a plow hanging off the front, i dont even try to hide it, im using two parking spots, period
I recently found out that the factory back up camera on a late model sedan (belongs to a customer) isn't necessarily accurate in it's depiction of where the car is in relation to another car in a lot. I backed the car up to another one behind and to the right using the camera. By estimating the shown gap in the screen, it looked to be at least a foot. I got out to make sure, and I had, maybe 2 inches!

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently found out that the factory back up camera on a late model sedan (belongs to a customer) isn't necessarily accurate in it's depiction of where the car is in relation to another car in a lot. I backed the car up to another one behind and to the right using the camera. By estimating the shown gap in the screen, it looked to be at least a foot. I got out to make sure, and I had, maybe 2 inches!
I had a cx9 with a back up camera once
What a piece of junk that was

I backed up to my trailer and got the hitch of the trailer dead center on the screen, walked out to drop her on, and the darn car was 6 inches off

Whatever moron put the camera on put it off center on the car...and this was a stock install, right on the line