What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Any put a new throttle cable in? Mine in my 00 is fraying and haven't found a parts store with one yet... dealer can over night a new one at like $55 and tax.. only maybe a $10 difference between dealer and rockauto.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
I put a new one on my 96 a few months ago when I did my new throttle body. Very easy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I know I can get it off the tb but wondering how it goes through the firewall and from the peddle. I'm too fat to be in there multiple times lol

Theradiojock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dodge Ram D3500 1998
Engine
Cummins 24v Diesel
Help!
I'm stuck in England with my 98 24v cummins Dually and its decided not to charge the battery after some front end work on the suspension and steering.I've replaced the alternator and the 120amp fuse. I've checked the fusible link on the board under the hood and I've checked and cleaned both wires at the PCM!!, on inspection of the wiring I've discovered there's no 12v feed to the alternator to excite it?
If I provide a feed to it, it charges straight up but the ABS/Brake light stays on on the dash? If I provide a feed across the Auto shut off relay it has no effect? But I have live at one o f the ASD posts??.
I have no idea what to do after eight days of messing with it. AND the Brit electricians have no idea either!!
Please help in any way!!!!!!

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I know I can get it off the tb but wondering how it goes through the firewall and from the peddle. I'm too fat to be in there multiple times lol

This isn't a late 90s ram but our throttle cable runs exactly like it. It goes through the fire wall behind the brake booster

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
To me it takes away from the classic dodge ram look.
That's the only reason I don't want it. I like it but maybe on another custom build. My ram I'm wanting to do a 100% factory restoration on the body and interior. Iv already got new factory emblems, body molding, and tailgate (DODGE/4X4) decals. I want the body and interior show room original.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
One time I had my rear end go out on my 360 1500.. In the process of it sitting at a buddies in a bad neighborhood the cat got stolen from it, so it was loud as ****. I had to drive it 2 blocks. So I pulled the drive rear drive shaft out and stuck it in 4lo and drove it while dragging the rear end. Front tires were bald as **** after that!

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody here familiar with auto transmissions? I'd prefer smartass manual swap remarks be left to a minimum, kind of a sore subject right this second.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Anybody here familiar with auto transmissions? I'd prefer smartass manual swap remarks be left to a minimum, kind of a sore subject right this second.
Manual swap my ass. I have a brand new nv4500. I'm swapping back to an auto soon enough.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Found these seats at express pull and save in lavernge tn, you can get them for around 50 bucks. Thier 100% flawless

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
What's the deal? I've been learning some, the shop just received our 46RE, 47RE, and 48RE repair manual

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Copied Nightmare and added Jeep hood vents. Don't have em riveted down yet just held on with wire bit i think they look decent i guess. Less coverage than i expected but then they clearly stated the measurements and i didn't even look

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Manual swap my ass. I have a brand new nv4500. I'm swapping back to an auto soon enough.

I was referring to someone pulling the "just manual swap bro" line

What's the deal? I've been learning some, the shop just received our 46RE, 47RE, and 48RE repair manual

Condensed from my build thread. Looking for opinions.

Yesterday morning everything started off normal pulling out of my neighborhood. The second I got out onto the main road, the truck wouldn’t shift into 2nd. I had to run it all the way up to 4k before it would kick in. After shifting into 2nd, 3rd and OD were normal, no issues. I started playing with it while driving, and found if I let off the gas around 25-30 it’ll shift just fine. If I let off before that speed, it’ll shift, then down shift back to 1st and run up to again 3-3500, then I either have to go to 4k or get it up to speed at 25/30 and let off. I wound up detouring to the interstate and hopping on, once cruising it was completely normal. Give it some gas and it down shifted to 3rd, back to od, 50-60 pulls it was doing great.

So I called the trans shop and wound up dropping the truck off. I told him upon drop off that I wanted him to pull the pan and inspect everything, along with a test drive. So I wait a few hours and he finally calls and tells me 2nd gear band has snapped, and that it’s skipping 2nd gear and going straight to 3rd. Now of course my distributor only carries the Monster full rebuild kits in stock, NOT replacement parts. So I had them dig and found the soonest I can replacement parts from them is 3-4 days out, and I didn’t even know what exactly needed replaced as it would require a tear down of the transmission again.

So…I walked my happy ass 4 miles over to the shop after work and picked up the truck as I had no other ride home. Got in the truck, and took off. I started really trying it out, and found a problem in my mechanic’s theory….either the Monster kit added another gear….or I have 2nd gear. If I drive super slow then it’ll shift normal. 2nd. 3rd. OD. If I get on it slightly, it acts up going into 2nd. If I get on it pretty hard, it’ll run through all 4 gears completely normal and get up to that 75-80 on the interstate with ease. Also, if I manually shift it 1st to 2nd, it does the same thing…but it shifts into 2nd gear. Then if I move to drive it shifts to 3rd, then after 45ish it kicks into OD. Now last night while driving it, I decided to full on floor it to see what it would do, and my heart sunk. It did the same thing as before the rebuild, which is not catching gear. Basically it kicks out of gear and red lines, let off the gas and it shifts into 2nd and continues on. Beyond pissed as that was one of the main problems I was having when climbing passes at 65-70mph.

Now what ****** me off the most is after I was told 2nd gear hand gone out, I started looking up symptoms for a snapped band. Basically either I’m 1 out of hundreds, or something else is up. I also called my co-worker last night who’s slightly familiar with transmissions, and he told me the same thing I had been reading. Snapped bands will do at least one, if not both of these two things. 1) Will not shift into the gear with the band snapped. Period. Will not do it. So I shouldn’t have 2nd gear. 2) Depending on the issues, a transmission with a snapped band will not shift past that gear with the issues. So basically I technically shouldn’t be able to shift OUT of 1st gear.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Not familiar with the monster kit but have you done the obvious and park it idling at running temp on even ground in neutral and checked tranny fluid? Do you still have the old check ball valve trans lines or whatever they are called? Is it throwing any codes?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I was referring to someone pulling the "just manual swap bro" line

Condensed from my build thread. Looking for opinions.

Really wondering if your issue is valvebody related. Sticking valves. With new tq converter and clutches and bands is all that's left and would explain why you still have 2nd but it's fucky.