How to: Programming Key Fobs with Alfaobd on 2009-12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another quick thread I couldn’t find anything about myself, so figured I’d post for others in the future. (All the YouTube videos are for 2013+)

To program additional fobs on 2009-12 rams using Alfaobd, the first step is to put the truck into run (also known as MAR), but using the new key you want to program, not the existing key. To do this you will need to have the existing key right nearby. Then proceed to plug in and connect to your dongle. Connect to the radio frequency hub, and if you haven’t already done it, find the “read pin” option and run it. Then just find the “program ignition keys or key fobs” option, enter the trucks pin and run that as well, it should read “Test Successful” after a few second. You can then remove the new key fob from the ignition and it should be completely functional.

The important part is that you have the unprogrammed key in the ignition, unfortunately Alfaobd doesn’t tell you that.

IMG_9637.jpeg

Side note, my truck is a simple SLT but I did not run any of the other functions mentioned in the above screenshot and everything seems to be working fine. If you have a higher end truck like a Laramie some of that might be relevant, but I would try just the basic procedure first personally.

DutchRamRepair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You might not need a working key, to acces some components.
Opening the driver door, will wake up most of you car. And hazard lights on, also.

Even if the dash does not come on, turn ign, to ign on.
And try to read the pin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat