Body lift on a 2500...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
I am going to do a body lift before the mud bog on the 27th and I have a few questions. My plan is a 3" lift. Does this require and shift linkage mods/T case linkage mods or not? I have the auto tranny. Also, everybody I have talked to has told me to use skate board wheels and grade 5 or 8 bolts Saying they last longer than body pucks you get in a lift package? I've heard of rubber hockey pucks, but not skateboard wheels....

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please dont use hockey pucks or skate board wheels. Thats a failure awaiting, Im sure someone will chime in with the answer.

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Please dont use hockey pucks or skate board wheels. Thats a failure awaiting, Im sure someone will chime in with the answer.

To tell you the truth I was thinking the same thing..

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
yea... go with the real deal. anything else is just stupid and like Tyler said, its bound to fail. and a kit you buy online will come with everything you need. and can DIY with the right tools.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
my friend tried to make a body lift with schedule 40 sewer pipe. it was about 4" and was excited when he got to work to show everyone. he drove to lunch and came back and his truck was sitting completly angled compared to the frame. 3 or 4 of the pipes he used broke while he was driving.

so i agree buy a real kit

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
^^^^lol first time I heard that

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If you buy a quality body lift, it will come with everything you need.
And if your so rough on your truck that you've got to worry about destroying a one of the body lift pieces, you should save up and buy a tank lol

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea make-shift body lifts should only be done on straight bogg trucks.... All my friends that have them use 4 inch steel square tubing, and they are bolted and welded in! Simple, easy and best for something to beat the sh*t out of on the weekends...

Incredible 2 on the move!

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a failure waiting to happen.

Just buy a PA or Zone kit for $300 and rest assured that you have EVERYTHING needed to lift your truck. Bumpers, brake lines, fan shroud, power steering, e brake... there is soooo much crap to go through. Just get the kit and do it right.

Skate board wheels are made to support the weight of pimply high school kids, not a full size truck crashing through the mud. Think about that.