Leaf springs on both axles of lifted second gen!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Was out with the wife yesterday for dinner, and on our way there I saw a lifted second gen Ram with front leaf springs! I got a good look at it, as we were both stopped at a red light, it had a good 6"-8" lift, and some decent sized (37's or 38's maybe?) off road tires. But the thing I noticed right away was that it was sitting on leaf springs on both front and rear axles. I have never heard of a second gen Ram with front leafs. I was curious if maybe this was an aftermarket lift kit that swapped out the coils for leaf springs, or if maybe this guy just custom made his own suspension. I would have loved to pull up alongside the guy and ask him about his truck, but we were going in opposite directions on a busy 6 lane road in heavy traffic. Has anyone ever heard of or seen anything like that, I'm just really curious.
Dave

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I would wager it was a 4WD swap. In fact, there was a fella on the unmentionable forum named Beefythedodge who did a solid axle swap on his 2WD Cummins with leaf springs....as a matter of fact, he ran like 38s as well. Didn't have the t-case or driveshaft hooked up, truck was simply a pavement pounder but it was impressive.

Truck wasn't red, was it? :D

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
DD94 is right probably a SAS job. As for Beefy's truck it was a hack job start to finish, I might still have pix of his **** poor welding work.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
^^^ Yes they were nice new FORD leaf springs.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Might be second gen body planted on 1st gen frame.

OP
OP
P

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I figured it was a custom made deal. Haven't seen it again, but if I ever do, I'd like to know more about it.
Dave