Halos need some info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000.2500.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v cummins
Just hooked up my halos. Everything works good. Everything shuts off. EXCEPT THE HALO RINGS. the brow turns off. The 3 led lights. So I have no idea why the halos aren't. Its all wired tg. After I turn off the lights the halos are very very dim. I could prob only see them BC its dark. But I don't notice the other things on. Just wondering if anyone else has had this prob.

OP
OP

2000.2500.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v cummins
Just eBay. Wouldn't be in the halos. If their staying on then it'd be wiring. My truck was a plow truck years ago! And even tho my family has owned it for 7-8 years now the past 3-4 one guy had a hold of it and did some really crazy stuff electric wise. So jw of someone else had the prob. Or its just my truck

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Its really hard to say. I hated my spec d halos from ebay so I got rid of them. But when I had them I didnt have your problem. Just one of those things where you got to trouble shoot alot.

OP
OP

2000.2500.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v cummins
Yeah sucks. Haha but at least I have a great shop I work at so it shouldn't take long. But thanks!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
BlackMagnum had the same problem with his. He has a thread on it if you do some searching. Either this section or the audio/electric. Also your halos wouldn't happen to be these would they?

****** specds.jpg

These are SpecDTuning headlights light bassslayer mentioned. Lots of places on eBay sell them too. Problem is only the ones directly from SpecDTuning work properly and even then they absolutely don't look like the pics. Ask me how I know. I really don't know anybody that would recommend them to anybody, at least not with halogens. BlackMagnums do well but he has an HID kit.

If these are in fact the headlights you bought, check how many resistors there are on the back. IIRC there should be 3 or 4.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
If you want halo's do not buy ebay cheapies!! Get a good set of retrofit halo's i cannot stress this enough!!

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Lets put it this way: I have spent over 200 dollars on my halos and HID's. Neither of which are in my truck and they are both sitting in my garage in a box. I have a pair of 75 dollar OEM factory housings and they are doing just fine. Buy quality **** first or your gonna spend more money in the long run.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I got the spec ds myself and tho I liked the look, with all the night driving I do it was dangerous with their light output. I got sick type housings from ebay without extra accessories to em and I pot a 9004 LED conversion kit in and I couldn't be happier

OP
OP

2000.2500.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v cummins
them are it. But chrome. But later down the line. (Couple months) I'm gna break them down and install color morphs in them so it'll be all fixed and do some other things. But I figured out what it was. The on the halos there's a adapter on that connects to the headlights. Which JM guessing runs the low beams and high beams. If u unplug it they go off. So theres a wore running from the adapter some where into the halo.

OP
OP

2000.2500.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v cummins
But besides this. I'm very happy with them. I can actually see now.