05 3.7L Advise, replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pshojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First: I'm newbie to this forum. Not new to engine swaps. Most the time I have more experience with Chevy trucks, and few dodge FWD cars.

I just bought my first Ram. 2005, 3.7L, Stick Shift, 2WD. 140k miles, $2000

The owner was in the process of pulling because he went to start it one day and it cranked hard. He figured it either is bearing issue or valve dropped.

1. What tips and tricks do you have for pulling the engine with the cab forward design? with or without trans?

2. Suggestions on engine fixes? should I just look at buying used low mileage, rebuilt, or would you recommend crank kit? or thoughts?

Thank you for your patience.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
No offense, but this just sounds like a retard. It cranks hard, meaning poorly? and he jumps right to bad bearings or that a valve broke and fell into the cylinder?

Hopefully he dropped the pan or pulled the plugs and borescopes it to check.

As for advice, you would be better served in the Gen 3 forums.

If I were you, before i'd even bother continuing to pull the engine, i'd drop the pan, and borescope the ****** thing to see if it actually needs to be replaced. You could build it up though.