Mystery cylinder misfire Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALLREADYKNO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2 318l
Ok to start it off first post and forum so sorry if I didn't post this right, but beyond that I have a 1999 5.2 1500 ext. Cab ram.
I'm having a huge issue with something under the hood that nobody can seem to get. It started with me painting under the truck and driving to a local pep boys to return some fog lights and along the way there the truck started hesitating and then ran fine for a couple seconds then after it started to putt and the CEL flickered and I pulled over after and shut it off. Then started it after a 2 min break to fine it sounding normal then as I went to go on the road the CEL turned on so I went back to where I parked and scanned the codes. 3 codes came up random mis, Cy 8 and 7 , misfire then the truck started to run rough and when I mean rough the whole truck was violently shacking. Got the truck home and changed plugs wires rotor and coil. To no luck the same thing still happened but now the intake(open k and n) sounded 3x louder and so did the motor. Then after a little idling it started to knock going from a quite knock to a loud to sometimes no knock at all. So I thought is could be a clogged injector so I put seafoam in the tank and ran 20 dollars through it and having heard the knocking sense. The intake was a little more quite as well. But another code came up random mis,5,7,8 misfire. After that I went to start it one day maybe a week after the seafoam and it wouldn't start. I didn't hear the fuel pump kick on. My brother hit the tank with a hammer and it started up after and the truck then only had one code misfire in cyl 8. Then drove maybe 5 miles to put gas in it and when I got back and shut it off. I turned it on the next day to find it tapping now and sounds more rough then it was before but only with one misfire in cyl 8. At this point in time I have no idea what to do except change the fuel pump but I feel that will only solve a small part off the problem any ideas on what is going on?....miles are 148k well maintained 5 inch lift on 35s and never beat.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
OP
OP
A

ALLREADYKNO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2 318l
Thanks gonna take a look at the fuel pressure to see and I feel if it could the Pl Gasket. Gonna look at the forum now. And again thanks for the info.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Anytime. Post up your findings if you get a chance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990