Needs some pro help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodeep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I've got a huge mess that I need some help with. We took a body off a 98 ram with the 5.9 engine. Removed all wiring and gauges and then installed a old cj body in its place. Reinstalled all wiring and now I can't get engine/ fuel pump/ coils to do anything. I left all yellow airbag connectors unplugged and all gauges and everything else is hooked back up. Engine will turn over by jumping starter but key won't do anything. What is bare minimum I need to get this to run again? Thanks for any help!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 47

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
You need the PCM and CTM bare minimum. If the key isn't doing anything, make sure all the relevant connectors are plugged in. If the dash lights come on and relays click, you're looking at sensor inputs. Cam and crank position, ASD relay, etc. You'll also need to check to make sure all the connections in the fuse block are good.

OP
OP
D

Dodeep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So airbag stuff doesn't matter? Does the main box need to be grounded? I get hazard lights , turn signals etc.. But nothing important