No Crank No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone i have a 1994 ram 3500 dually 8.0 v10 dead in my drive way, it has been 100-105* latley, and the truck runs really hot like 220-240, and it has been cranking over slowly, but this afternoon i went to take it out, after driving it today. I put the key in went to crank it, and it clicked, not a crank, and thats it, one click. I tapped the starter with a hammer and tried it again... and didnt do anything...

I also tried jumping the truck and same deal, one click. What should i try and do, i called the local shop and he said from what you are describing, with out any testing.... sounds like a starter...

what do yall thing is up?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hard to say. Do you have access to a volt meter? Make sure your battery is not totally dead but is giving off good voltage. If not that, I would take the starter off and take it to someone who works with them, like an alternator or starter shop. The part stores say they can test your stuff but I've had that machine say that parts were still good when they were indeed failing.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found my issue, the 40 amp Ignition fuse keeps poping, there was bare wires from privious onwers so i capped that off and poped again... the only 2 things i can think about is i spilled coolant on this modual underneath the radiator and the trailer break control looks jank as ****