1997 Ram LED Blinker Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JakeMcSwaggins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
I bought some 3157 LED lights for my rear turn signal and when i put them in my 1997 they don't do anything at all when you cut the blinker on, but the brake lights work and the running light part works.

My dad has a 1998 and i decided to put it in his and it "Hyperflashed".

Now i know you need load resistors if it hyperflashes but mine didn't do that, it didn't do anything, does anyone have a suggestion? is this a normal thing for 97 back trucks? i don't know much about the wiring of them.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
If you want LEDs in front as well just replace the flasher relays with LED specific. Simple Google search for (blank)-pin LED flasher relay. My later model 01 for example uses a 5pin relay.

OP
OP
JakeMcSwaggins

JakeMcSwaggins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
If you want LEDs in front as well just replace the flasher relays with LED specific. Simple Google search for (blank)-pin LED flasher relay. My later model 01 for example uses a 5pin relay.

i already got em in the front boss, they work fine. i just need em for the back, and they dont do anything, thats why i posted on here to see if load resistors would work before i go and fork over money for em lol

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360