Looking for a new stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, my factory stereo is pretty much bugged to hell (constant read errors with CDs, clock keeps cutting in and out) so I'm looking for a new one. After a quick search, there are a LOT of options and lots of mixed reviews on what the best ones are.

So, anyone here running aftermarket stereos with opinions?

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
I have a friend who got a knock off brand Android tablet, mounted it to his dash and wired it into the existing system... works pretty good. Are your speakers ok?

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
currently i'm running like a 6 year old pioneer.. works good but I hear much better from kenwood.. for the most part stereos are just like anything else you get what you pay for..

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I've got an eclipse in mine. It was like $550, but like mopar said, you get what you pay for.

Was not sent from an iPhone.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
I currently have the stock cassette from a 1999. But, I like jvc for simplicity, my previous headunit was a clarion drx4575 from 1999 and it was ok. I'm not very bright so I did not like it. Jvc/Kenwood are the same corporations.

BeauDuke01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have an Alpine thats a few years old, no complaints, good clear sound, usb plug in the front, i can plug in my phone or ipod, aux cord, and as an even bigger benefit... the alpine remote control fits perfectly in the Genos Garage cupholder cubby hole. so win win.

MWest208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
My truck had an aftermarket Panasonic TAPE DECK when I got it.
I just replaced my head unit with a deck I found at Wal-Mart for $60.
It was the JVC SR-40. I know some aren't willing to put Walmart or JVC in their truck but this thing has USB input, Aux Input, 50Wx4 and a multitude of EQ options.
I have a base model 95 dodge, I went and got the infinity tweeters and fronts from a junkyard for $10. They were in great shape. I replaced it all and wow, for $70 and a couple hour install, it sounds amazing compared to before.

Highly recommend this deck, the only issue I have with it is that it glows red. Redid interior with all blue/green, DARN.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Rockin a 6 year old Kenwood top of the line deck from back then, does all "I" need it to just fine and sounds great to boot, even with the 19 year old Infinity speakers.

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I got an 8-10 year old pioneer something that my dad pulled from a truck his old boss rolled. Works great but I also want something just newer. Mine doesn't have any aux ports or anything either but reception comes in great and sound is clear. More of a want not need situation for me. I was just gonna get something not too expensive from walmart.