Obd 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
My OBDII hookup doesn't quite work. When I connect to a scanner the scanner reads the vehicle number and everything but says it can't complete the connection and I can't read/clear codes. Only a problem because I don't want to disconnect battery to clear codes, have no problem getting them because of the 3key trick.

Also worried that if I were to get a superchips that it wouldn't connect fully either and I'd have just blown $350 on something I couldn't use

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I know you don't want to but reset the pcm, then see if your scanner will connect properly. I would not buy the SC before you test this with the scanner.

OP
OP
dapepper9

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
will try that, gonna be sunday or maybe later tho, schedule is stacked (school, track, work) and Oreillys aint open long enough lol

OP
OP
dapepper9

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
UPDATE: Ran into this problem again. Autoanything recently gave me a discount that allows me to get the superchips I want for $296.65 vs the regular $349.99. Checked the cig lighter fuse along with all others. Scanner powers up but won't connect.

I've determined the pins I need to test are:
#4- Chassis Ground
#5- Signal Ground
#7- Diagnostic Line

I would check Pin #16 but thats power supply and I already know that works.

I'm thinking it may just be a bent pin or something but what do you guys suggest if its not?